Workout Wednesday - Aili B.
It wouldn't be a Wednesday without a workout! This week we have the pleasure of interviewing Aili Bresnahan, who I met through a mutual friend Camille. Aili and I hit it off straight away and she's one of the most interesting people I know that I don't get to see enough.
Aili's no stranger to music or a good workout. She is a former ballet dancer and lawyer who is now an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton (OH), where she focuses on the aesthetics (particularly philosophy of dance) and philosophy of law. This playlist took me waaaay back (see track #2). It'll be just in time for throwback Thursday! Click here for more Aili!
1. Favorite work-out activity at the gym: Running and walking on an indoor, elevated track, followed by stationary bike in a dark "movie room" (they have this at my gym in Dayton, OH).
2. Favorite non-gym work out: Billy Blanks' Tae Bo, Yoga Zone Power Yoga (see DVD boxes in my photo), free weights and ballet stretches.
3. Best clothes to work out in: Sweat-wicking t-shirt and what Nike "jazz pants" (my word, not theirs -- I call them that because they look like what a jazz dance teacher I used to have would wear).
4. Best gym shoes: Saucony running shoes -- they're the only ones that work well with my high arch.
5. Favorite warm up activities: Walking
6. Most hated yoga pose: Anything entirely upside down (headstand). I don't do upside down since I fell off a monkey bars hanging upside down and got a concussion when I was a toddler.
7. Favorite post work-out snack: Stick pretzels with hummus.
8. Favorite smoothie combo: Blueberry, raspberry, lemon, spinach, coconut water, protein powder.